Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The TWINS are HERE!!

Wow!  Can't believe it has been almost 3 months since the twins were born and I am just now blogging about them.  I will start with how it all unfolded.  June 28-July lst I was scheduled to be at Girl's camp as the camp co-director.  I had warned all the people involved that I would do this, but if the twins came, I would be gone! Kinda of hoping to scare them so that they would call someone else to the position-haha! Maybe even secretly hoping something would happen if I did do it and I could leave camp early! With twins, I knew anything was possible.   Monday, June 28th we set up camp.  I would check my phone frequently to see if anyone had called to say anything was happening with Jenny.  Everytime I checked -nothing.  Same thing on Tuesday, June 29th, everytime I checked, and I was quite faithful at checking every hour or so, still nothing.  I had been keeping my phone by me at night just in case.  Well after keeping a vigilant watch for any messages or calls I may have missed and not receiving anything, I decided on the night of the 29th to just turn the phone off for the night to save the battery.  

I awoke about 6:30 am Wed, June 30th and decided to go ahead and take a shower since no one else was stirring.(Yes, we were lucky enough to get a camp with nice showers!)  I turned on my phone to check for messages, nothing!  I was actually getting a little discouraged at this point because I really was kind of hoping that I would get "the call"  that something was happening so I could leave camp early!( haha)  I went ahead and turned the phone off and headed to the shower.

After showering, I proceeded to gather supplies to get started with breakfast.  I went ahead and woke the girls up, we cooked breakfast, ate it, and were starting to clean up when.........the YW Presidents phone beeped that she had a message.  "Who would be calling me"she questioned.  She read her message outloud----"Have Sister Maycock call her family as soon as possible, she may have grandbabies soon"!  "No way" I yelled.  "Someone is playing a trick on me", I  exclaimed!  I really didn't believe it at first.  Then I went to go check my phone, which I hadn't checked since  before my shower.  I turned the phone on, sure enough there was a message that had come in around 5:30 am that Jenny was headed to the hospital.  Then another one that said the twins were already here!  Why this message didn't show up when I checked my phone earlier, I don't know.  I began to be nervous and anxious!  I screamed and jumped up and down for joy!  Everyone said, you have to go, you have to go! I started packing with tears in my eyes.  I couldn't believe I had missed it all, but I knew I would have to head straight to Cedar City and hurry and get there.  About 5 hours later, I met my two new angelic grandbabies!  Yay!  Here they are!
Ava Grace 4 lbs. 15oz.
Wyatt Jacob 5 lbs 8 oz.

3 comments:

Stef said...

What a crazy night-day that was! At least you got your wish and was able to leave a little early haha you know the Lord called you as camp director not to give you more on your list but because he knew you would fit in with the girls, you would be an example to them and they love you!

Jenny said...

Crazy day! I still can't believe you didn't know anything about it until the babies were already born! Ha ha, crazy!

Jenny said...

P.S. I KNOW you have better pictures of the babies than that! I gave you a whole CD full!